Thursday, May 18, 2006

Biscornu ** 8-Sided Mini-Cushion**




I always thought that cushions can only be sewn in 4-sided, round, oval etc… you know the basic shaped we used to see in the shopping or furniture malls; until I was introduced to this 8-side pin cushion by Cindy. The French called it Biscornu....it's a french ornament I think.

Julie, a French blogger is kind enough to show us how it is being done with each detailed step and photo shown. However as it is in French, it is diffucult for me to understand even with the web page translation tool available. Luckily for me her photos are self-explanatory. You can view her instructions here .


I like her cross-stitch design so much that I studied and copied each crosses to a graph paper. I then sewed it on to #25 lugana pale yellow fabric using DMC colour 680. The size of the finished product is about 3 inches all round. It took me a couple of week-ends to finish it. I have not decide what I am going to do with it. Frankly I won't be doing another one in the future as I have no use for it. I don't know...some how it did not give me that 'w..h..o..o..p..y' feelings.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great job, Moo Moo. Make another one and give it to me lah:D